T P Walsh Rental & Property Management prides itself on providing the ultimate
service to both Landlord and tenant alike.
We aim to represent both parties equally, for the Landlord this means renting his or
her property in a trouble and stress free manner therefore securing their investment.
For the tenant we aim to provide good quality accommodation and solve any problems
which occur in a quick and efficient manner ensuring a trouble free stay for the
duration of their lease.
Our service also incorporates Apartment Block Management service.
It is important that all owners appreciate that a Management Company must be incorporated in
multiple unit developments to provide the legal structure to allow the transfer ownership of
the common areas to the purchasers and to maintain these common areas to the future, be they
apartment blocks, townhouses, retail or office developments.
All common parts and services within any complex, not belonging to or the responsibility of a
specific person must be vested in a body or company. These common areas can be internal and/or
external and/or structural.
Each owner is a Member (or Shareholder) in this Company. The Company has responsibilities to all
the members to ensure that the common parts are maintained to a high standard for the enjoyment
of all concerned.
The Company, which is in effect your own Company, is responsible for the maintenance and upkeep
of all open spaces and services relating thereto. (If it is an apartment block, the Company is
also responsible for the upkeep and maintenance of the buildings). The full responsibilities of
the Company are outlined in the Company's Memorandum and Articles of Association, and in the
Management Agreement attaching to the title documents.
Similarly, all the owners individually have a co-responsibility to the Company to perform certain
obligations set out in the Management Agreements, including payment of Service Charges etc.
A Board of Directors or a Board of Management manages the Company, like all limited companies. At
the very beginning, until all the units are sold in a development, the Board of Management normally
comprises of the Developer and/or their Solicitor or Solicitor's staff.
When all the units are sold, the control of the Company is handed over to the owners themselves
who elect their own Board.
As Managing Agents, our principal functions can include:
Preparation of Service Charge Budgets to include for:
- Common Area Cleaning
- Common Area Electricity Charges
- Garden & Ground Maintenance (Where applicable)
- Block Insurance Charges
- Public Liability Insurance
- Waste Management
- Auditor Fees
- Secretarial Fees
- Maintenance Fees (If applicable)
- Window & Chimney Fees (If applicable)
- Weekly Maintenance Visits
- Provision of a Reserve/Sinking Fund to allow for budgeting for any major capital expenditure items to the future (subject to instruction).
And/or whatever other services are demanded by either the owners or the terms of the legal documents.
T P Walsh Auctioneers, as part of their commitment to meeting the needs of their
clients will provide the following services:
In addition, we act as Company Secretary (Administration Fee) to include the following services:
- Advise on Block Insurance Matters and handle common area insurance claims.
- Apportion and collect Service Charges from the owners.
- Deal with the Inspector of Taxes and Collector General on tax matters.
- Bookkeeping, accounting, maintaining bank accounts and reconciling statements.
- Prepare Financial Reports for Management Meetings.
- Liase with the Management Company's Auditors and issue of Audit Reports & Financial Statements.
- Liase with the Management Company's Legal adviser, and other professional advisers, as necessary.
- Routine site inspections by management personnel.
- Obtain quotations & proposals from qualified contractors, as necessary.
- Arrange & supervise of routine common area repairs and maintenance contracts.
- Check, approve and pay creditors' invoices.
- Attend to telephone enquiries and written correspondence from owners & residents.
- Attend at Board Meetings and the Annual General Meeting.
- Issue information and advices to new owners - obtain contact addresses, to be supplied by the Developer.
- Attend to all correspondence arising out of the above.
Other Services Which We Provide (Subject to Separate Charge):
- Provide address of Registered Office.
- Maintain Register of Members.
- Keep the Memorandum and Articles of Association
- Issue notices and prepare agenda for Annual General Meeting & Board Meetings.
- Maintain Book of Minutes.
- Project Manage major renewals, refurbishment and new works.
- Schedule maintenance visits by service personnel.
- Liase with Surveyors/Insurers on building re-instatement valuations for insurance purposes.
- Deal with Professional and Technical Advisors (Engineers, Architects, Planners etc.)
- Pay wages and deal with PAYE/PRSI etc. where applicable.
- Key-holding Service to owners within managed developments.